Aylesbury Community Fridge – Now Open!
Aylesbury Community Fridge, hosted at the Vineyard Centre, is open for both donations and collections on Mondays 12 – 3 pm and Wednesdays 11 am – 2 pm.
The Community Fridge is not a food bank. It offers fridges and freezers that enable local businesses and members of the public to donate fresh, good quality surplus food, which would otherwise be wasted, and makes it freely available for local people to come and collect. This fosters a spirit of sharing and mutual support within the community, reducing food waste and helping to make a positive social impact in the town.
Our vision is for the Aylesbury Community Fridge to be a place of sharing and connection. As it establishes, so too will the social hub around it, promoting food education and community support and events.
We would love for you to help us build the project by:
- Using the fridge – donating and collecting
- Telling people about us and what we do
If you’re interested and would like to find out more (with no obligation), speak to Melissa Stone on a Sunday or email Melissa directly.
We can accept
- Sealed packaged foods
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- Table sauces
- Unopened pasteurised milk and yogurt
- Unopened fruit juices
- Fresh eggs (traceable Lion-stamped eggs with clean shells and a use-by date
If putting food into new or different packaging, make sure the use-by date and allergy information are transferred across.
- UHT milk
- Bread and bakery items
- Table sauces
- Cooking sauces and oils
- Honey, jams, jellies, preserves
- Sealed fermented or pickled food items (e.g. gherkins, olives, sauerkraut)
- Tin cans (e.g. vegetables, fruit, soups, beans, pudding)
- Packed cereals
- Fruit with casing (e.g. citrus fruit, bananas, mangoes)
- Dried goods (e.g. pasta, rice, grains, oats)
- Sweets and sugar confectionery
- Coffee and tea
We only accept food items that are unopened.
We can’t accept
- Cooked food from your home or unregistered sources
- Unpasteurised milk
- Cooked rice
- Raw milk cheeses
- Bean sprouts
- Products which could contain any of the above ingredients
- Unlabelled multiple ingredient items